Movember (as in moustache November) grows annually, it’s a month-long event started in 1999 in Adelaide, Australia. Since 2004, the Movember Foundation charity has run Movember events to raise awareness and funds for men’s health issues, such as prostate cancer and depression, in Australia and New Zealand. In 2007, events were launched in Ireland, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Spain, the United Kingdom, Israel, South Africa, Taiwan and the United States. In 2010, Movember merged with the testicular cancer event Tacheback.
- Each mo bro must begin the 1st of Movember clean shaven – check
- For the entire month each mo bro must grow and groom a moustache – check
- There is to be no joining of the mo to your side burns – check
- There is to be no joining of the handlebars to your chin – check
- Each mo bro must conduct himself like a true country gentleman. – Not shot any game yet, but there’s plenty of time!
I made a start and saw very little upper-lip growth for many days, despite my chin getting heavily stubbled. I wrote a lyrical lament – The Mo’vember Blues – to draw attention to my plight. Thankfully, with just 9 days of growth to go, my lip is bristling with…well…bristles…it’s a somewhat unruly mess and would be laughed out of court if Lech Wałęsa were the protagonist, but it’s mine, I tell you, mine! May I stop singing The Mo’vember Blues? Is it finally worthy of a donation to the Movember cause?
The SoundCloud upload has had 48 listens, the Youtube clip has been watched 207 times, so not exactly viral…please give it a click and check out my Mo Bro page to make a donation…even if it is in pity.