It’s Blog Action Day 2009 and the subject this year is Climate Change. So, here are a few resources for readers seeking out climate information:
IPCC – Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change – The IPCC assesses the scientific, technical and socio-economic information relevant for the understanding of the risk of human-induced climate change.
EPA – The US EPA Climate Change site provides comprehensive information on the issue of climate change and global warming in a way that is accessible and meaningful.
BBC Weather Centre – Aims to inform people about the potential changes in our weather over the next 100 years.
RealClimate – A commentary site on climate science by working climate scientists for the interested public and journalists.
Island of Doubt …the struggle between the power of rational discourse and the scientific method on one hand, and the forces of superstition and dogma on the other. But mostly about climate change.
Climate Feedback – Blog hosted by Nature Reports to facilitate lively and informative discussion on the science and wider implications of global warming.
Recent climate change news
- An Ice Artist’s Poignant Plea to Halt Global Warming
- Activists Sue Texas to Restrict Greenhouse Gases
- Coral Bleaching Creates a Vicious Cycle of Further Bleaching and Disease
- Big Business Gets Behind the Climate Bill
- China: US is sabotaging Copenhagen climate treaty by ‘changing Kyoto rules’
- World Briefing | Asia: Maldives: Bring the Waterproof Pens
- Remember the ozone layer? It’s still there