Nov 10, 2011
The Euroscientist just published my tenth monthly Pivot Points editorial column, so I thought I’d offer readers a recap on what I’ve discussed over the last ten months and in the three feature articles prior to that: everything from bee colony collapse disorder, the myth surrounding diet cola poisoning and zombie molecules; take your pick:
- Hazardous chemicals crossing borders - Illicit samples imported
- Science of sounds - Mark Changizi’s unique explanation of music
- Addicted to addiction - Tabloid sensationalism and living life to the full
- Life energy and zombie molecules - The life force and healthy skepticism
- The big cheese and the director’s cut - Armstrong’s fluff and moon landing truths
- Cracked conjectures - Mad inventions and maverick theories
- Is your diet cola blinding? - Aspartame is not the poison claimed
- Is 10,000 hours practice enough? Practice makes perfect, or does it?
- Criminal Chemists - Chemists making synthetic highs
- A, Bee, CCD - What are not the causes of colony collapse disorder?
- A chemical Christmas - Yuletide fun
- Interview with Lucy Marcus – Blue skies research - Industry expert opinions
- Why scientists are waiting for Web 3.0 - The advent of the semantic web